The Craftwork Communications Manager is the conductor and filter through which all company messaging passes. Internally, they act as a guide for our Department teams staying on course towards their Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and ensure all communication between departments is clear and actionable. Externally, they will work with the CEO and creative agencies to ensure that all communication aligns with the Craftwork brand and is developing new relationships with customers.Apply Now
Our mission at Craftwork is to draw people out of isolation and into community, both professionally and personally. We desire to provide more than a personalized experience – one that recognizes and values personhood with all its quirks and idiosyncrasies. We believe that it’s our responsibility to redefine the coffee and coworking experience and raise the vision of what people expect from the industry. These high aspirations will only be achieved through a team that is committed to a magical balance of excellence // scrappiness, relentlessness // laughter, and confidence // humility.
If you deeply resonate with these words, we’d love for you to be a part of the journey. If you do not, we think you have immense value; however, please do not apply.
I am not driven by outside pressure, but by an internal standard of excellence that is unyielding.
I love teams and find joy in the tension of imperfect individuals working alongside each other.
I set the standard for reliability by being diligent in my tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
I pursue meaningful change through incremental progress – even amidst chaotic environments.
I over-communicate to ensure that my team is moving in the same direction, at the same pace.
I know a gap between my vision and reality will always exist and I believe that is a good thing.
Teaming // Loves structure and accountability and drives productivity by ensuring that their team is meeting the quarterly goals in a timely fashion.
Communication // Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoys refining and editing to ensure the final message is polished and on-brand for our audience.
Strategy // Holds a deep knowledge of Craftwork’s strategy and is capable of assisting each department in translating corporate strategy into clear, actionable, and realistic goals.
Marketing // Understands Craftwork’s brand and is able to identify new ways to communicate with our customers to increase retention through relationship development.
The Craftwork Communications Manager is the conductor and filter through which all company messaging passes. Internally, they act as a guide for our Department teams staying on course towards their Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and ensure all communication between departments is clear and actionable. Externally, they will work with the CEO and creative agencies to ensure that all communication aligns with the Craftwork brand and is developing new relationships with customers.
The items below outline two phases of the role:
Phase 1 (first 120 Days)
- Establish daily and weekly rhythms to guide all Department Managers, CEO, and consultants to achieve OKRs
- Organize collaboration and review system for the production of OKR content
- Write content for signage, social media, digital marketing, and weekly publications
- Follow-up with all colleagues/agencies to ensure projects are staying on track
- Reviews retail stores’ internal marketing to ensure customer experience is clear
- Engage with digital customer community (reviews, email responses, etc)
Phase 2 (120+ days)
- Articulate strategic goals to external agencies producing creative for digital marketing, social media, website, and branded merchandise
- Create vision and enact plan to develop Craftwork’s customer relationship management
- Effectively manage the brand’s social media accounts (excluding photos
- College education is ideal, but experience is more valuable than a degree
- 3 years of applicable work experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and Microsoft Suite is a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to appropriately prioritize tasks
- Ability to oscillate between collaborative and independent work environments